Company History & Philosophy
Saunders Construction, Inc. "Commercial Seismic Retrofit" specializes in seismic retrofitting for all types of commercial and historical
buildings, prevention and repair of damage from roof condensation, and a variety of necessary and proactive structural repairs.
Saunders was established in 1979 as a general contractor, but by 1984 had begun to focus and specialize in commercial seismic retrofits,
repair due to roof condensation, and structural repairs. Saunders performed the very first seismic retrofit in the city of Los Angeles and has successfully completed
work on well over 2,000 buildings, currently completing over 65 projects per year.
A wide variety of tenant operations have utilized Saunders' services, including retail, industrial, manufacturing, churches, warehouses,
apartments, aerospace, medical, and general offices.
The Saunders Difference shows why our company is respected and frequently contracted for specialized construction projects:
- We specialize in seismic solutions: Because Saunders specializes in seismic retrofits and roof condensation prevention and repair, our expertise saves clients
time and money on both engineering and construction costs.
- Our project team is in-house: An in-house crew guarantees consistent attention to detail and high-quality installation.
- Our project bids are especially accurate: Saunders has developed a system for generating rapid and highly accurate bids that are indispensable for practical and
functional project budgeting.
- Our bids are appropriately detailed: Because bids from Saunders feature detailed cost breakdowns, if the engineering plans are altered while in the plan-check
process or during construction of a retrofit, one can quickly calculate the final cost differential. The detailed cost breakdown listed in a bid from Saunders
removes concern that overcharging might occur when changes are made, as is the case with some companies.
- We provide weekly project updates: Clients are informed weekly of project status, eliminating concern regarding progress and all outstanding issues.
- We insist on outstanding tenant relations: Saunders' staff has an exemplary record of developing productive relationships with building tenants and minimizing the
impact on business during construction.
- We successfully finish what we start: Since 1979, Saunders has successfully completed every project awarded.
- We have never been involved in defense litigation: Since its formation, Saunders has never served as a defendant in court.
- Our construction staff is experienced: Construction crewmembers have been with the company between three to ten years, a distinct difference from other companies.
Six Star Service
- Maintain a safe workplace at all times.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Conduct ourselves with the utmost in professionalism.
- Ensure that the highest quality work is performed by every staff member.
- Avoid disrupting or disturbing tenants and neighbors at all times.
- Deliver what we promise according to the agreed-upon schedule.